Monday, March 9, 2009

Pictures!

Here are some long awaited pictures! I'm so excited to finally be able to show you visually a little bit more about what my life is like here in Guatemala.






This is my room.




A group of Peace Corps people hiking Volcan Pacaya.



The view from one of the lookouts at the park we're working with in Magdalena.



Kyle, Erin, and Mark who live in Magdalena with me at our park.




My house! Taken from the terrace upstairs. My room is on the right, right next to the stairs, which lead to where we hang laundry to dry and have a blind dog named Brownie.




This is my Spanish class and Magdalena crew with our first Spanish teacher Mirsa eating banana bread cake for my birthday. We're at my house on the terrace.

The Mayan ceremony our training group went to a couple of weeks ago. My favorite part was when the woman stopped the ceremony to answer her cell phone, which I thought showed the mix of traditional and modern pretty perfectly.

I'm pretty sure this is Volcan de Fuego.... honestly I'm not positive. I took it when we were hiking Pacaya and now can't remember for sure.
Some macademia nuts growing on a tree at the organic farm we went to. Yum.


I hope you like them!































No comments:

Post a Comment